Thursday, February 7, 2008


Didn't See Me at the Gym?

Things didn't go well at the gym this week.

Starting off with good intentions, I showed up on Monday. I did 45 minutes on the tread mill at Level 16 (out of 20), at 3.6 miles per hour, and burned up just over 600 calories. Pretty steep inclines at level 16, lowest is 6.5 degrees and the highest is 12 in a random pattern, and after taking a few month's to get to this point, I feel like it's a pretty good workout.

I had tried running some time back, and though I got to the point that I could run 5 k's in about a half an hour, the pounding on this overweight 50-something got to be too much.

So a good start to the week went downhill immediately.

Tuesday was the Primary and so I skipped the Gym so I could vote. Yesterday my excuse was that I had to pack for my trip to Seattle this weekend. Tonight we're taking our Niece and her daughter out to celebrate the daughters birthday, so there will be no gym today either. Tomorrow I'm off to Seattle.

And I'm not even bringing my clubs. I never liked to play in the rain anyway, and it is, after all, Seattle.

Lets hope things will go better next week.


No comments: