Friday, February 1, 2008




A page from Tigers Book?


Where do we begin.

After long deliberation, I've decided that if I'm going to drop a few shots this year I need to get started. So where do I start?

By dropping a few pounds.

Getting in better shape, losing some weight, and especially, getting stronger is something I can do now, while I wait for better weather. I've been going to the gym off and on (mostly off)for a few years now, but I have decided to get there for an hour or so at least four times a week between now and the start of the season. Once the season starts I intend to get there at least a couple of times a week. If I can drop 10-15 pounds of fat and put on a few pounds of muscle it has to improve my chances. I'm not talking about making the David Duval change, (though I see lately that he looks more like the guy who shot 59 than the guy who couldn't make a cut shortly after) I'm talking about losing a bit of the belly and maybe tightening up what's left behind.

I really hate sit-ups.

Maybe I'll get to like them? Probably not, but when Spring finally gets here and I'm walking down the first fairway with my bag on my shoulder, I'll appreciate the work.

No comments: